Don't have the time or inclination to train your new puppy? Puppy Boot Camp is a Board-and-Train service that we provide to teach your puppy a variety of life skills in addition to potty training. Your puppy will stay with us for an agreed amount of time until new, appropriate habits are established. Your puppy can be taught a number of new behaviors such as:
• Essential puppy-on-puppy socialization skills (teaches bite inhibition, canine social cues/body language). Your puppy will be invited to join the puppy socialization class while in Puppy Boot Camp.
• Human and canine socialization: How to greet friendly adult dogs, children, and people of all types
• Environmental socialization: Learn NOT to fear workmen, lawn equipment, cars, scooters, bicycles, etc.
• Only eliminate outdoors or on the pee pad, depending on your preference
• Only chew on appropriate objects
• Not to jump on people and to wait for permission to greet them
• Loose leash walking - Walk beside you on a leash without pulling
• Focus, come, sit, stay, and down
• Wait (at the door, to go greet, etc.)
• Leave-it and drop-it
• Share - How NOT to guard resources such as his handler, food, and toys.
These behaviors require your committed follow-through when your puppy is returned to live with you. You will receive extensive instructions on how to carry this out and you will have our assistance should your puppy need help in making the transition into your home. Keep in mind that, while a puppy's impulsiveness cannot be completely trained out of him, he will be given a solid foundation for you to help him build upon as he matures.